- This Was a Man opens with a shot being fired, but who pulled the trigger, and who lives and who dies?
In Whitehall, Giles Barrington discovers the truth about his wife Karin from the Cabinet Secretary. Is she a spy or a pawn in a larger game?
- Harry Clifton sets out to write his magnum opus, while his wife Emma completes her ten years as Chairman of the Bristol Royal Infirmary, and receives an unexpected call from Margaret Thatcher offering her a job.
- Sebastian Clifton becomes chairman of Farthings Kaufman bank, but only after Hakim Bishara has to resign for personal reasons. Sebastian and Samantha’s talented daughter, Jessica, is expelled from the Slade School of Fine Art, but her aunt Grace comes to her rescue.
- Meanwhile, Lady Virginia is about to flee the country to avoid her creditors when the Duchess of Hertford dies, and she sees another opportunity to clear her debts and finally trump the Cliftons and Barringtons.
- In a devastating twist, tragedy engulfs the Clifton family when one of them receives a shocking diagnosis that will throw all their lives into turmoil.
- This Was a Man is the captivating final installment of the Clifton Chronicles, a series of seven novels that has topped the bestseller lists around the world, and enhanced Jeffrey Archer’s reputation as a master storyteller.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I loved parts of this book and was bored by other parts. I’ve been reading the series over the years, but this one felt too much like a history lesson some of the time instead of a story. I also didn’t always remember what some of the characters did in a past book, so I was kind of lost. I’m glad I read it, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to someone who hasn’t been following the series.” By Marcia R
“It is clear Archer has grown weary of the Clifton and Barrington families. The elements that drew me to the series when I stumbled across the first book have been sorely lacking in the last few. The only reason to read this book is to have closure. I will miss the characters, although they had become just shadows of their former selves. Time to move on.” By Gina A. Emory
Author: Jeffrey Archer
Kindle Price: Hardcover $18.89, Paperback from $10.52, Audible $24.32, Audio CD $25.94
Series: The Clifton Chronicles (Book 7)
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press (November 8, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.4 x 0.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (295 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,508 in Books